Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 6- Goodbye Wisconsin, Hello Michigan!

July 12

Today we went to church with the Johnson's and then said, Goodbye. We had a great time visiting with them and enjoyed their hospitality and all of Sharon's yummy chocolates!

Pretty Wisconsin

We took off around ten and headed up to Michigan. We were headed to Mackinaw City, on the way we stopped at the Sand Point Lighthouse and Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. When we got there, Pete wanted to go see a rock formation called Miner's Castle. It was very beautiful and I am glad that we went out of our way to see it even though I had a bad attitude about adding onto our long drive! It's a good thing, Pete plans our trips because we say so much more than we would see if I planned them! We got to Mackinaw City at around eleven that night. Just in time to go to bed and get ready to go to Mackinac Island the next day!

Sand Point Lighthouse

Miner's Castle

Long distance view of Miner's Castle

No comments: