Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Let Freedom Ring!

We were in Kaysville Utah to celebrate the fourth of July this year. It had been four or five years, since we were last there for the fourth. I will say I am sorry right off to all my Vancouver friends, but the fourth of July in Vancouver just does not compare to Kaysville. Kaysville's fourth ROCKS!

We started out our day by getting up early and going to the yummy pancake breakfast. We met my grandma, aunt, uncle and cousins there. We had a great breakfast and enjoyed being with family.

My mom and Grandma

My aunt Jody, cousin Jason and his kids

My niece Annika


After the breakfast we went home for a bit then headed out to the parade. Kaysvilles parade was awesome! For a small town I couldn't believe how long the parade was and everything they threw out at the kids. They threw out frisbees, stuffed animals, necklaces, LOADS of salt water taffy and other yummy candies. It was CRAZY and I felt kind of bad for the police officers that were trying to keep the kids out of the road. It just wasn't happening! At the end of the parade the fire engines and water trucks came and squirted everyone down with their water hoses. The boys were the only ones brave enough to stay close enough to get wet and boy did they ever get wet! My kids loved the parade.


Waiting for the parade to start

Annika enjoying her first parade


Dashing for some goodies

"Look what I got, Mom!"

Anxiously awaiting the soaking!

During the soaking!

While the kids and men took a much needed break, my sister Cindy, my mom and I went to the bazaar at Davis High School. It was one of the best bazaar's I have ever been to. There were about ten booths and seven of those were food! Let's just say that we were less than impressed. But they did have some fun jewelry booths and my sister finally got a bracelet watch.

For dinner we had a barbeque at my parents house for dinner. My sister, Cindy and her family were there as well as my brother Nathan. I love to be with my family, so for me it was fun just to sit and chat, eat good food and be with my loved ones. That night we headed to Davis High School (my mom, little sister and brother graduated from here) to see the fireworks. They put on a wonderful show and I loved spending the time with Pete,Brandon and Kenyon, Cindy, Nate and Nathan. We left Shaylee, Jaron and Annika at home sleeping with Grandma and Grandpa.


Me, my brother Nathan and my sister Cindy



We had such a great fourth. I just love the fourth of July and all that it represents. Our country is the greatest nation in the world. We should honor it and those who have fought and died to keep us free. I have lived in many different countries and seen how the people in these countries live. I get so angry at those who don't know how wonderful our country is. God Bless the USA!!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Looks like you all had fun! We missed being there for it!

Cindy said...

Too much fun! I can't believe it was already a month ago!