Pete has always wanted to go to Cedar Point, but has never been able to. So when we decided to go on this trip, we knew we would have to make Cedar Point be one of the stops. Cedar Point is the roller coaster capital of the world. It has 17 roller coasters and it has the most rides of any amusement park in the world. It was a lot of fun. I haven't been to an amusement park in years and it was so fun to just be a kid again and enjoy all the fun rides. I made sure I brought some Advil because my head just can't take the rides without it anymore. What can I say? I am getting old. We were lucky that it wasn't very crowded. We went on a Wednesday and the weather prediction was to have showers, but we only got a teeny bit of rain and the weather was warm, but not too hot.
My favorite ride was the Maverick roller coaster. The first drop on this ride is 95 degrees. You actually invert on it. It was really fun! Pete loved the Millennium Force, this coaster is voted consistently as the top roller coaster in the world. It climbs up to 310 feet and it goes up to 93 mph! It is really fast and really fun! They have a fairly new roller coaster called the Top Thrill Dragster. This coaster is hard to explain unless you see it. It is crazy, fast and scary! This is what the website says about this ride- Climb aboard unique dragster-style trains and inch forward to the starting line. The engine revs. Your heart pumps. The tree lights count down to green and you're launched to speeds of 120 mph in less than 4 seconds. The ride's just getting started as you climb 420 feet into the air, crest a massive hill and spiral 270 degrees as you speed towards the finish line. The entire experience is over in 17 seconds. It really is quite the ride. I have never seen anything like it. We only went on it once and that was enough for me!
We were at the park all day. From when the park opened until it closed. What a blast! It definitely lived up to it's name as the Best amusement park in the world.








2 comments:
Cedar point always makes the roller coaster count down shows on tv. I haven't been on one for years. I wonder if now that I am older if I'd be "wiser" and not go anymore? Hmmm
Aryan went there with some friends last summer. She loved it!! My older girls are huge roller coaster fans - not me though!!
Post a Comment